Application to Use Radioactive Materials or Radiation Producing Machines

How to gain authorization to use Radioactive Materials

University personnel who wish to use radioactive materials or radiation machines in WSU facilities must obtain prior authorization from the Radiation Safety Committee.

The Radiation Safety Committee grants requests for authorization to use sources of ionizing radiation for the purpose of conducting research. All requests for authorization will be deliberated thoroughly by the Committee as a whole before a decision is rendered.

If you have any questions regarding the requirements for becoming an Authorized User or to request an application please contact Rey McGehee at 509-335-6763 or